From: kisss at tdsecurities dot com
Subject: Sybase Client & MS SQL7
Date: Jan 11 2001 5:26PM

Hello,

I have a problem with DateTime columns comning back from Sybperl 2.12, through
Sybase Client 11.1.1 on Unix from MSSQL7 on NT.
I have applied SP1 & SP2 to MSSQL7 and there are no more connection problems.
The only problem at the moment is that datetime columns are screwed. I have
digged deeper and found out that the problem is with:
1. dbconvert function of DB-lib
or
2. dbfetch function of DB-lib
because byte - date & time portion are simply switched - D1 D2 T1 T2 should be
T1 T2 D1 D2. I hacked dblib.c and it works

The only thing is that I do access Sybase server as well and I need extra if
clause to determine when to switch byte and when not to.

Guys, if you have any idea or had the same problem please let me know.

Thanks,
Steve