From: jimmy mcdonald <jimmy at simplayer dot com>
Subject: Re: max DBPROCESS problem
Date: Jan 9 2001 7:31PM

>It probably is - but I think this is a symptom of not closing
>connections properly. Check your code to make sure that you close
>connections properly (i.e. that the $dbh or $dbproc variable is
>correctly undef'ed when the script exits, or that you check for an
>existing connection before opening a new one.)

excellent information.

we do have persistent connections but i think
that you could have a good point about checking for existing connections.
i will talk to my perl programmer about how he is doing this. the number
of connections showing up in netstat to port 4100 on the sybase server are
suspciously high, which i think points me in this direction.

>If you have a recent version of sybperl you can say (surprise!)
>
>       dbsetmaxprocs(100);

more good news.

thank you very much for the timely and very informative answers.

jimmy