From: "Michael D dot Bonebright" <mbonebright at reg dot net>
Subject: Connection problems
Date: Sep 28 2000 9:41PM

Greetings,

I seem to be having some connection problems running sybperl version
2.11 and sybase 11.9.2 on linux kernel 2.2.14 connecting to Microsoft
SQL Server  7.00 - 7.00.842 running on Windows NT 5.0 (Build 2195:
Service Pack 1).

Usually everything works beautifully, but periodically, our connection
with the database seems to fail.  When this happens, instead of exiting
with some sort of error, ct_connect simply hangs.  This happens so
infrequently that I haven't been able to find the cause or even
replicate the error.  Is there a way to cause ct_connect to timeout?

Thanks,
Mike Bonebright
www.setsystems.com