From: Mark Haviland <mhaviland at harmonic dot com>
Subject: DBD::Sybase error...
Date: Sep 6 2000 3:29PM

I seem to be having problems when executing a proc using DBD::Sybase.
The error message I get is:

[Wed Sep  6 10:10:18 2000] [error] DBD::Sybase::st execute failed:
Server message number=226 severity=16 state=1 line=234 server=ASE12
procedure=list_configuration2 text=SELECT INTO command not allowed
within multi-statement transaction.
Server message number=208 severity=16 state=6 line=240 server=ASE12
procedure=list_configuration2 text=#group_keys not found. Specify
owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists
(sp_help may produce lots of output).

The strange part is that I can exec the same proc from sqsh without any
problems.  I haven't tried to execute the proc using Sybase::CTlib, but
does anybody out there know if this problem is related to DBD::Sybase
(bug ??)  or just something incorrect in the stored proc ?

I'm not sure what information to give other than I'm using DBD::Sybase
(version 1.23) on Linux, which is using Sybase (ASE 11.9.2) to connect
to an ASE 12 server on an AIX box.

thanks...

-Mark Haviland