From: Andrew Armstrong <andrew at qdebit dot com>
Subject: Moving to a specific row
Date: Aug 31 2000 11:36AM

I routinely have to report large numbers of database table rows to a web page
and was having a problem limiting the number of rows I display using the
standard CTlib methods. I can use set rowcount xxxx but this only limits the
resultset to the first xxxx rows. I want to be able to move the resultset to a
row that I choose. I can do this in PHP and was wondering how the best way to do
this in Perl would be.

The only solution that i have found is to call ct_fetch() xxxx times and ignore
the results or to use ct_sql to move the results into an array and start at the
xxxx element. Neither of these seem very good for system performace.

Andrew Armstrong                                          andrew@qdebit.com
Chief E-Commerce Engineer                                 http://www.qdebit.com
AMIS , LLC.