From: "Paul J dot Boyes" <boyes at eskimo dot com>
Subject: Sybperl resources
Date: Jul 20 2000 5:30AM

At 12:01 AM 7/20/00 EDT, you wrote:

>			    SYBPERL-L Digest 520
>
>Topics covered in this issue include:
>
>  1) Sybperl resources
>	by Julia Stone
>Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:38:17 -0400
>From: Julia Stone
>To: SybPerl Discussion List
>Subject: Sybperl resources
>
>I need a good resource for Sybperl ... or any book that informs one how
>to handle various options on your form that behind the scenes deal with
>your queries.  For example, if I want users to be able to select from an
>ORDER popup menu, and sort by various fields ... I am not completely
>clear on how this happens.  I have seen a few examples, but they are not
>completely clear to me.  If anyone knows of anything online, or any book
>that explains such topics please forward the information to me.  Thanks.
>
>Julia Stone

Julia,

What type of forms are you using?  Is is an html based front end?  You may
want to check out the relatively new book on DBI,
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perldbi/.  Or, go to www.perl.com and select
the database category in the search drop down in the upper right hand
corner.  Also, you can perldoc the sybperl or dbi modules.  Also,
http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/docs/index.html is a great
resource.

Hope this helps.

Paul