From: "Robert Bresner" <rbresner at olf dot com>
Subject: random failures with ASPerl, IE, IIS, cgi script
Date: Jul 18 2000 3:42PM

Hi there...

I'm running a Perl CGI script on on an NT4 server with IIS.
I'm using ASPerl 522 on the web server.
The script used to run on a *nix web server, no problems, for
about 1.5 years, but for some reason, the powers that be decided
to put in IIS instead. Alas!

When the script is run from netscape, it runs successfully 100%
of the time.
With IE, however (4.x-5.x) it will fail randomly like this:

	 at C:/Perl/site/lib/Sybase/Sybperl.pm line 79
	BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/site/lib/Sybase/Sybperl.pm line 79.
	BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at D:\intra

"Random" in this case is defined as "sometimes I click the link and see that error,
sometimes I don't. Sometimes when I refresh, the script runs successfully, sometimes
it doesn't. Sometimes if I let the whole page load before hitting refresh, it fails,
sometimes it succeeds. Sometimes if I interrupt the page loading with a Refresh, it
will fail to reload, sometimes is succeeds."

So, I'm not really sure what's going on here. Line 79 of Sybperl.pm is:
	use Sybase::DBlib;
The error message is always the same. Always issues with Sybperl, line 79.

Any suggestions on any of the many lists I'm currently bothering ?
Thanks in advance for any info.

Rob