From: tcammell at dataaction dot com dot au
Subject: Re: problem reading Sybase11.1.1 interfaces file using DBlib on Solaris5.6
Date: Jul 11 2000 8:06AM

Replace the comma with a space before the query port number:
>    query tcp /dev/tcp ldndts1.uk.ml.com 2024

Sebastien Rool "LADS" X7550  on 11/07/2000 17:00:58

Please respond to SYBPERL-L@list.cren.net

To:   SybPerl Discussion List
cc:    (bcc: Terence Cammell/Data Action)

All,
This is the first time I use this email address to ask a question so I am not
sure that's the way to proceed or if any rules apply ?? (and please excuse my
English because I'm a mere frenchy !)

I am trying to compile a version of 2.12 of sybperl to use a new interfaces file
format (we call it Fully Qualified Domain Name here, I don't know if this is a
standard appellation) with Sybase11,v11.1.1. The whole thing is running on Sun
boxes with SunOS 5.6.
Running isql with the following interfaces file works fine :
## SERVER: LDNPRODS6 class = UN
## LDNPRODS6 - dts1.ldndt.uk.ml.com - query_port=2024
 LDNPRODS6
         query tcp /dev/tcp ldndts1.uk.ml.com,2024
         master tcp /dev/tcp ldndts1.uk.ml.com,2024

but I get the following error message:
 DB-Library error: Interface file: unexpected end-of-line.
when I try to access the Sybase server using Sybase::DBlib in a perl script.

When I use our old format, it works both with isql and Sybase::DBlib
## SERVER: LDNPRODS6 class = UN
## LDNPRODS6 - dts1.ldndt.uk.ml.com - query_port=2024
 LDNPRODS6
         query tli tcp /dev/tcp \x000207e8a9f318030000000000000000
         master tli tcp /dev/tcp \x000207e8a9f318030000000000000000

Does this mean DBlib simply can't handle these type of Server addresses or is
the interfaces file wrong.
The DBAs here seem to think it's a DBlib problem as it works when using isql.

Thanks for your help
Sebastien Rool

      Terence Cammell

      Data Action Pty Ltd.
      Phone: +61 (08) 8201 1099
      Fax: +61 (08) 8373 2410

      Email: tcammell@dataaction.com.au

      Disclaimer:
      Confidentiality:
      This message contains privileged and/or confidential information
      intended only for the use of the addressee named above.
      notified that you must not disseminate, re-transmit, copy or take any
      action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error
      please delete the document and  notify DataAction immediately.
      sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the
      views of DataAction.
      Viruses:
      Any loss/damage incurred by using this material is not the sender's
      responsibility. DataActions' entire liability will be limited to
      resupplying
      the material. No warranty is made that this material is free from computer

      virus or any other defect.