From: "Lee, William (ETS, EAS)" <WYLee at exchange dot ml dot com>
Subject: RE: Question about RAID levels using Sybase 11.9.2....
Date: Jul 7 2000 12:06PM

It all depends how much money you are willing to pay.

RAID 0+1: faster than RAID 5 but you will have to pay double price for your
disk
RAID 5:    slower than RAID 0+1 (this might not be true with today's 64MB
cache inside RAID hardware, and also depend on how is your data get
accessed).   good for big database server, for example > 100 GB, especially
for data warehouse.

William