From: "Patrick S dot Leung" <pleung at easygroup dot com>
Subject: Re: Question about RAID levels using Sybase 11.9.2....
Date: Jul 7 2000 10:09AM

I worked for an US investment bank before, and there they used mirror for their
sybase.  They are on Solaris.  I never tried to find out why they weren't on
RAID.  It may be the fact that they use raw device and RAID may prevent
recoveribility?  Just my speculation, please correct me if I am wrong.

Patrick