From: "Patrick S dot Leung" <pleung at easygroup dot com>
Subject: how to shutdown server and continue shell script?
Date: Jul 6 2000 10:20AM

Hi,

I am writing a bourne shell script which one of its subtask will be
shutting down the sybase server.  I have tried different methods but the
whole script stop after the server shuts down, giving me the usual
"unexpected EOF from server...".  I tried trapping the signal but that
doesn't stop my script from exiting either.  Is there any way to
shutdown the server while continuing the script?  Below are some methods
I have tried:

1.  sql statement inside here document:

## try trapping signal from server shutdown...
trap '' 2 3 15

/opt/sybase/bin/isql -Usa -S$SRV -P$SAPWD <...

2.  using /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions' killproc

killproc dataserver

Thanks!

Patrick