From: Gavin Aiken <gavin dot aiken at dtint dot co dot uk>
Subject: writetext - logged vs unlogged
Date: Jul 5 2000 3:08PM

Sorry if this information is documented somewhere, I couldn't find it in
the .pod or elsewhere.

Currently I am using the CTLib interface in the Sybase.pm module (I am
running 2.10 but am happy to upgrade to 2.12, with perl version 5.004_04,
connecting to ASE 11.0.3.3) for various tasks, including writing blobs to
the db using ct_send_data(). This works very well for me but the speed of
writing the blobs is poor, although I am setting a larger packet size for
the network and so on to try to optimize it. I understand that logged
writes may be faster than unlogged writes, but I'm not sure which the
module is doing for me (I assume unlogged), or how to set the option.

I would appreciate any information you can pass along pertaining to this
issue.

Regards
Gavin Aiken

Gavin Aiken                               Chief Technical Engineer, Europe
Tel: +44-1277-246000                                  Fax: +44-1277-228767

Digital Technology International Ltd.
Brentwood House
169 Kings Road
Brentwood
Essex                                                Registered in England
CM14 4EG                                                       No. 1876409