From: "Wechsler, Steven" <steven dot wechsler at wsaccess dot com>
Subject: RE: Trouble with new installation
Date: Jun 23 2000 6:34PM

> 	I've recently started a new job and wanted to get my sybperl
> installation on NT 4.0 working.  I installed Activestate Perl 522 and
> Sybperl 2.11 with ppm (that's the version that ActiveState is hosting;
> Michael, is there any way you can get them to upgrade?).  But
> whenever I run
> my scripts (these are scripts that have worked in that past) I get the
> following errors:
>
> The context allocation routine failed.
>
> The following problem caused the failure:
>
> Initializing the error cached failed.
> in error handler...Sybase error: Error string not availableOS
> Error: There
> is no
>  OS level errorexiting...

I just realized I should probably give some more information:

The scripts use DB-Library.  I don't have any other (i.e. non-Perl) DB-Lib
programs to test with, so I can't really tell if my DB-Library installation
is working, but CT-Library programs (such as isql) work fine.

Steve
--
Steve Wechsler/Application Manager/Wall St. Access
Steven.Wechsler@wsaccess.com