From: "David Owen" <dowen at midsomer dot org>
Subject: Re: Dates are returned incorrectly
Date: Jun 21 2000 2:55AM

    Rappal> Hi, I am trying to connect to a SQL Server 7.0 database using
    Rappal> DBI and DBD::Sybase 0.22.  When I do a "select getdate()", the
    Rappal> dates returned are not correct.  I get dates with years ranging
    Rappal> from 1900 to 9999.

    Rappal> Any input on this will be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure if this is a known problem, but there is definitely a bug in
the MS SQL Server 7 implementation of TDS.  The way I got around this was
convert the date to a string on the server side.  This could be a pain if
you have a lot of dates.  This definitely happens with all releases of SQL
Server 7 that I tried, inc SP2.

dowen

--
David Owen     Midsomer Consultants Inc.      dowen@midsomer.org