From: Lance Andersen <lancea at SYBASE dot COM>
Subject: Re: sybperl and adaptive server anywhere on NT
Date: Jun 16 2000 8:55PM

YAKOUSER@bnlnd2.dne.bnl.gov wrote:

> We recently started using Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0 on NT as a trial.
> I just downloaded Active Perl 5.6.0.613 on to the same NT.
> I also installed Sybperl using ppm of Active Perl.
>
> Does sypberl supposed to work with Adaptive Server Anywhere(7.0)?
>
> If it should, since I do not seem to be able to figure how to connect to
> a Sybase adaptive server anywhere test database using perl, could you please
> point me to some example, or instruction/documentation, etc.?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> yako sanborn
> yako@bnl.gov
> National Nuclear Data Center
> Brookhaven National Lab

Yes it should.  ASA uses a default port of 2638.  You can add an
entry to an interfaces file for ASA
Lance J. Andersen			Email: lancea@sybase.com
Sybase Product Support Engineering	Phone:(781) 564-6336
77 South Bedford Street			Fax:  (781) 564-7001
Burlington, MA 01803

The Dark Knight Returns!!!              Let's Go Penguins!!!