From: Jack dot Marshall at barclayscapital dot com
Subject: sybperl 2.11 multiple install on single host [HP-UX]
Date: May 30 2000 4:19PM

> Version info first:
> 	OS:	HP-UX 11.00 64-bit
> 	H/w:	Any HP host
> 	Perl	5.005_03 / 5.005_04
> 	sybperl	2.11
> 	oclient 	1111
>
> I don't know how bizzare this question is going to be... a normal install
> onto a HP-UX 11 host is fine. But we have several clustered (multi-node)
> systems. Where several applications can be using the same perl install,
> linked using one of the application environments. If the application under
> which sybperl was compiled switches nodes for any reason, it takes with it
> the sybase and the oclient installation.
> We can configure the interfaces file to reside underneath the
> application's
> mount-point (so it's always available). But it also references things like
> oclient/lib/* - which would no longer exist and the shared libs all fail
> load.
>
> Has anyone found a manageable way of handling this without multiple
> installations of perl on a single host. Is it possible to install sybperl
> within it's own hierarchy - outside of perl5 install dirs. We've been
> unable
> to compile it statically - and I assume the same problem would still apply
> if we could compile it.
>
> TIA...

	Regards,
	Jack Marshall
	Global IT Infrastructure, Barclays Capital

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays Group
does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of the Barclays Group unless otherwise
specifically stated.