From: "venkat Reddy" <chittepu at forindia dot com>
Subject: Messages
Date: May 12 2000 1:40PM

hi,

  Suppose the table dosen't contain any data and if I give the select query the query dosen't return any data .

  eg: I have one table called xxx and it dosen't contain data.

  I give a query to fetch data as

   $dbh->dbcmd("select * from xxx);
   $exeStatus = $dbh->dbsqlexec;
   $resStatus = $dbh->dbresults;

  #checking for successfullness

  if(($exeStatus == SUCCEED) && ($resStatus == SUCCEED))
   {
     print "table contents";#these is done using the while loop
   }
  else
  {
   print "Table dosen't contain any data";
  }
  -------------

  If I put the above code in the perlscript and run
  I have got the out put as
   Table dosen't contain any data.
  and also I am getting the error messages as

   Msg 156, Level 15, State 1 Line 1 Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'from'. DB-Library error: General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server.

   My question is how do I avoid the above message from displaying in the web page ? Are there any special ways to tackle this? Are there any methods?

  If the data is there then I have no problem in displaying.

  please help me in this matter

see u
venkat

chittepu