From: ye wei <yw at alabanza dot net>
Subject: Re: Problem...
Date: May 9 2000 8:30PM

"Alejandro Castillo V." wrote:

> I try to install sybperl, but when i write
>
>    $perl Makefile.PL
>
> It's a problem
>
>    Can't find any Sybase libraries under /usr/sybase/lib.
> Please set the SYBASE environment correctly, or edit CONFIG and set SYBASE
> correctly there. at ./config.pl line 81.
>
> i really don't know what is the problem ....

You need configure your CONFIG files before you run "perl Makefile.PL"
[yw@yw sybperl-2.11]$ more CONFIG
# Where is the Sybase directory on your system (include files &
# libraries are expected to be found at SYBASE/include & SYBASE/lib
SYBASE=/opt/sybase-11.9.2
                  Change this line as SYBASE actual installation path

Also, before your run 'make test', you need configure your 'PWD' file under
sybperl directory.

--

Sincerely,

Ye wei