From: "Rob Fenstermacher" <fence at bwn dot net>
Subject: Re: How to the no of rows
Date: Apr 29 2000 3:34PM

well, if you are using Sybase::CTlib, one way is to
use the ct_sql() method and then check ROW_COUNT for the # of rows returned.

for example:
$dbh->ct_sql("select * from sysobjects where type='U'");
$rowcnt = $dbh->{'ROW_COUNT');

WARNING:  ct_sql pulls ALL of the rows INTO MEMORY!
                     don't use ct_sql, unless you are pretty sure about the
general rowcount--i.e., 100 rows versus 100 million.

you can also find out the rowcount when using ct_fetch, but only after
fetching all of the records. :)

I hope this helps

Rob

---