From: Vishal Agrawal <vishala at wilco-int dot com>
Subject: nsql deadlock retry logic
Date: Apr 15 2000 1:19PM

hi everybody,

I posted a mail to this group last week to inquire about nsql deadlock retry
logic. I am thankful to all those who have replied. But my problem is that
even after doing all that I am unable to retry on deadlock. I have included
my code here for your ref, plz tell me if I am missing something here.

CODE <<

# --------------------------------------------------------------- #
# Install nsql message and error handlers       #
# --------------------------------------------------------------- #
&dbmsghandle ("Sybase::DBlib::nsql_messge_handler");
&dberrhandle ("Sybase::DBlib::nsql_error_handler");

# Deadlock retry logic goes here                    #
$Sybase::DBlib::nsql_deadlock_retrycount = 3;
$Sybase::DBlib::nsql_deadlock_retrysleep = 30;
$Sybase::DBlib::nsql_deadlock_verbose = TRUE;

many thanks,
vishal