From: Jason Stajich <jason at chg dot mc dot duke dot edu>
Subject: RE:Enviroment problem ---------
Date: Apr 13 2000 1:34PM

You're not pointing to the right libtcl.

Sybperl FAQ
     4.The $LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is incorrectly set.
            1. Solaris has libintl.so in /usr/lib Even if you build
               sybperl with the correct libraries, because these
               libraries are shared, the setting of LD_LIBRARY_PATH
               may override the actual library that is used at
               run-time. Having /usr/lib in LD_LIBRARY_PATH *before*
               $SYBASE/lib will cause any CTlib app to fail on Solaris.

            2. libtcl.{a,so} from the tcl language Sybase has a
               libtcl.so, and tcl has a libtcl.{a,so}, which very often
               gets installed in /usr/local/lib. Again, the same
               potential problem applies if you have a libtcl.so in
               two places, and the wrong one is found at run-time.

do:
% ldd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.so

to see what is linked.  Adjust your LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that  Sybase's
libtcl.so comes sooner.

-Jason

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Davies, Andrew (Exchange) wrote:

> [...]

Jason Stajich
Center for Human Genetics
Duke University Medical Center
jason@chg.mc.duke.edu