From: AGaneshalingam at globewireless dot com
Subject: Sybperl
Date: Apr 8 2000 1:19AM

Hello to all,
I'm having problem trying to insert data into table. Every time I tried to
run my script I get the following error:
Server Message: (In srv_cb) Message Number: 249, Serverity 16, State 1, Line
1 Server 'HQ_MSGSRV' Message String: Syntax error during implicit conversion
of VARCHAR value '$plan' to a SMALLDATETIME field.
Following is my sybperl code:
my $sql = q!insert into pco..pco (  purpose, description, risk,
location_soft, name_soft, implement_by,  princ_dev, plan_date)
values( "$purpose", "$des", "$risk", "$loc", "$name", "$imp", "$princ",
"$plan")!;
	 $dbh->ct_execute($sql);
	while(($rc = $dbh->ct_results($restype)) ==  CS_SUCCEED)	{
		$dbh->ct_cancel(CS_CANCEL_ALL);
Column 'plan_date' is a smalldatetime type and null is allowed. And the
format of the date I'm trying to enter for this column is 04/08/00.
Most interesting part is the fact that I have a similar script which inserts
date type and it works fine.
Please help. I have no clue what's wrong with my script.

Tks
Anton