From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: How to implement Statement handle in CTlib?
Date: Apr 8 2000 1:02AM

ye wei writes:

 > Compare with DBI, I perfer Sybperl, because sybperl is much more
 > flexiable, but
 > I wonder if is there any way to implement a statement handle or have
 > more than 1 database
 > handles in a script but only keep 1 database connection in CTLib?

 > So, I wonder is there any way to implement something like
 > DB_Handle/Statment_Handle (DBI conception) in CTLib?
 > I spent some time to study DBD::Sybase,  it seems that ct_dynamic() is
 > used for allocate a statement handle.
 > But ct_cynamic() is not supported in CTLib.

Read the documentation for DBD::Sybase closely. If you open more than
one statement handle on a connection handle DBD::Sybase will create an
additional physical connection to the database.

So you just need to open additional connections if you absolutely need
to have pending results on various statement handles.