From: AGaneshalingam at globewireless dot com
Subject: Stored Procedure
Date: Apr 7 2000 1:44AM

Hello to all,

1)
I am using Sybase 11. I'm trying to write a stored procedure (SP) which have
2 parameters that are text  type. However, when I tried to compile this SP,
I get the following  error:

Server Message:  Number  2739, Severity  16
Server 'DBServer', Procedure 'storedProcedure', Line 1:
TEXT and IMAGE datatypes are invalid for parameters or local variables.

How can I use the Sybperl to insert text by using a stored procedure ?

2) When I have about 10 parameters that I want to pass to the stored
procedure, what is the easiest way to code this in Sybperl. I usually do the
following when I pass the parameters:

// sending one parameter to the Stored Procedure
$sql_stmt = qq!cust.dbo.storedProcedure!;
	%param = (name => '@acct', datatype => CS_CHAR_TYPE, status =>
CS_INPUTVALUE, value => 'AAK001', indicator => CS_UNUSED);
	$dbh->ct_command( CS_RPC_CMD, $sql_stmt, CS_NULLTERM, CS_UNUSED);
	$dbh->ct_param(\%param);
	$dbh->ct_send();

Please Help.

Tks