From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: make test
Date: Apr 3 2000 2:20PM

Andre Castanheira writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I need to install sybperl on my linux box, but when I run the make test command, I receive the following error :
 >
 > /opt/sybase-11.9.2/lib/libct.so: undefined reference to `syb_net_chain'

For some reason your build did not link with -lsybtcl instead
-ltcl. Go back and edit sybperl-2.xx/CTlib/Makefile and change -ltcl
to -lsybtcl and rebuild.

 > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
 > make[1]: *** [perl] Error 1
 > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/sybperl-2.11'
 > make: *** [perl] Error 2

It would also seem that you are building with static linking
(LINK_TYPE=static). I would avoid that if at all possible as it makes
updating things a lot more complicated.