From: Phil dot Moore at msdw dot com
Subject: Sybperl (DBlib)
Date: Apr 3 2000 1:16PM

>>>>> "Krishna" == Krishna Puranik  writes:

Krishna> Hi, If anyone has any experience in using "nsql" with
Krishna> automated retries on deadlock support, please let me know. I
Krishna> am getting the following error when I set
Krishna> "$Sybase::DBlib::nsql_deadlock_retrycount" variable to
Krishna> greater than zero:

Krishna> "Use of uninitialized value at
Krishna> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris-thread/Sybase/DBlib.pm
Krishna> line 442."s

That's nothing other than a -w whining, er, I mean warning.

if I ever find enough spare tuits to work on nsql again, I'll fix
this.

Krishna> p.s.:If you have any other ideas for handling deadlock, plz
Krishna> feel free to forward them to me.

The code works, and works quite well, in fact.  People depend on it in
lots of production code to give them transparency to deadlock
failures.