From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: use Sybase::Sybperl messing up CGI ?
Date: Mar 21 2000 10:42PM

Robert Bresner writes:
 > Howdy...
 >
 > IIS - 4.0
 > NT Server 4.0
 > Perl 5.004_04 / ASPerl 5.005_05
 > Sybperl 1.27 ? 2.11 ? ( See below )
 >
 > We recently changed from a *nix based web server to a WinNT IIS server,
 > and only the CGI scripts using Sybase::Sybperl are having troubles.
 > That's, of course, all of the good ones...
 >
 > With Netscape and IE4-5, I get this output:
 >          at C:/Perl/site/lib/Sybase/Sybperl.pm line 79
 >         BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/site/lib/Sybase/Sybperl.pm
 > line
 > 79.
 >         BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at D:\intra\enterprise\rel_req.cgi
 > line 7.
 > (Which seems to be missing a line or two ? )

Two things.

The ActiveState version of Sybperl unfortunately has a bug (and it's
entirely my fault) A CONFIG value that should be optional was left
turned on in the 2.11 distribution, causing the location of the Sybase
libs at build-time to be hard coded into the SYBASE env. variable in
the Sybase::DBlib and Sybase::CTlib .pm files. If you run the
ActiveState binaries of sybperl you need to fix this.

Alternatively you built sybperl yourself, and the CGI script does NOT
set the SYBASE env variable correctly before loading the Sybperl
stuff.

YOu should also check the server error log (the http server, not
Sybase) to see what went wrong...