From: "Paul J dot Boyes" <boyes at eskimo dot com>
Subject: BCP Causing Corruption
Date: Mar 21 2000 8:42PM

Hello,

I have looked but not found any information on a problem that I am having
using BCP.pm or Sybase::BCP.  I would greatly appreciate it if you could
either point me to or supply information on the following:

Environment:
----------------
SunOS: 5.6
Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise: 11.9.2.2
BCP:  BCP.pm,v 1.2 1999/09/21 21:07:10 mpeppler

I am using Sybase::BCP to import records into a table that has a unique
index on it.  When I BCP data with no duplicate records, everything appears
to work fine.  When I try to BCP a lot of duplicate records (I did this as
a test, as we may run into this case.), I get messages telling me that
duplicate records were found trying again.  Eventually I get  messages
telling me that DBPROCESS is dead.  When I check the table I find that all
of my indexes are corrupt because a duplicate record got into the table.
The exact messagets are as follows:

Msg 2601, Level 14, State 3
Line 1
        Attempt to insert duplicate key row in object 'applet_stats' with
unique index 'stat_row'

DB-Library error:
        DBPROCESS is dead or not enabled.

Index stat_row is not consistent; found 1079 leaf rows but 1080 data rows.
Drop and recreate the index.
Index stats_rollup is not consistent; found 1079 leaf rows but 1080 data
rows. Drop and recreate the index.
Index key_dates is not consistent; found 1079 leaf rows but 1080 data rows.
Drop and recreate the index.
Index item_ids is not consistent; found 1079 leaf rows but 1080 data rows.
Drop and recreate the index.
Index referring_domains is not consistent; found 1079 leaf rows but 1080
data rows. Drop and recreate the index.

Hopefully I provided enough information.  Any information or suggestions
that you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul J. Boyes