From: "Robert Rusch" <rrusch at metlife dot com>
Subject: Sybperl -- Activestate PM's
Date: Mar 20 2000 6:20PM

Michael;

I have just load Activestates Perl 522 on a clean box and found when I loaded
the sybperl extentions that I was getting an error where the it was trying to
locate my Sybase installation in the p:/modules/support/sybase directory. After
doing a little research I found that the CTlib and DBlib PM's where resesting
this indescriminently with the following code:
   BEGIN {
   $ENV{SYBASE} = "p:/modules/support/sybase";
   }
I replaced it with the following code and now am ok:
   BEGIN {
           if ( $ENV{SYBASE} eq "" ) {
                   $ENV{SYBASE} = "p:/modules/support/sybase";

Thanks,
Bob Rusch