From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Problem updating Text Column
Date: Mar 3 2000 5:07PM

Ernest Wong writes:

 > I have problem using the CTlib to update a Text column; below is the
 > source code and the error log.  "SELFDESC" is a Text column, and I
 > basically followed the example of the sybperl manual.  Note that debug
 > is turned on.

 > Server message:
 > Message number: 156, Severity 15, State 1, Line 1
 > Message String: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'NULL'.

Hmmm - I've seen this before somewhere, but I don't remember the
situation exactly.

I think the problem was with having the TEXT column nullable, but on
the other hand I'm pretty sure that I've used the nullable feature
before.

Just as an experiment, could you try updating the column to "" (empty
string) before running the script and see if that fixes the problem?