From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Weird error on NT
Date: Feb 23 2000 8:47PM

Wechsler, Steven M writes:

 > Your sybase home directory is p:/modules/support/sybase. Check the
 > environment variable SYBASE if it is not the one you want!
 > Cannot access file p:/modules/support/sybase\ini\objectid.dat
 > Can't initialize dblibrary... at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 188.
 > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at F:\sqldb\bin\/sched_init.pl line 3.
 >
 > I have no idea where it came up with 'p:/modules/support/sybase'; there's no

Mea Culpa.

The 2.11 distribution has a feature turned on by default that should
normally be turned off. It creates a BEGIN block in DBlib.pm (and
CTlib.pm) which sets $ENV{SYBASE} to the location of the Sybase
directories at build time. This is useful in certain cases, but of
course not such a good idea when the builds are subsequently
distributed to different machines that don't have the same
architecture.

2.12 will make this work a little better.

In the meantime, edit DBlib.pm and/or CTlib.pm in the C:/Perl/lib tree
and remove the env. setting.