From: "Wechsler, Steven M" <WechslerSM at bernstein dot com>
Subject: Weird error on NT
Date: Feb 23 2000 8:26PM

We've been running the same Perl environment for a long time now.  On a
couple of new NT servers, we get the following when trying to run Sybperl
scripts:

The context allocation routine failed when it tried to load localization
files!!

One or more following problems may caused the failure

Your sybase home directory is p:/modules/support/sybase. Check the
environment variable SYBASE if it is not the one you want!
Cannot access file p:/modules/support/sybase\ini\objectid.dat
Can't initialize dblibrary... at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 188.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at F:\sqldb\bin\/sched_init.pl line 3.

I have no idea where it came up with 'p:/modules/support/sybase'; there's no
mention of that in any code, environment variables or registry settings (our
SYBASE environment variable points to c:\sybase).  Any ideas?

Thanks.
--
Steve Wechsler/Senior DB Administrator/Sanford C. Bernstein & Co.
WechslerSM@bernstein.com