From: Jamie Belanger <jamie_belanger at globalcrossing dot com>
Subject: Sybase::CTlib initialization problem
Date: Feb 2 2000 8:41PM

I have another question. :) I'm attempting to interface with sybase on
another of our servers, and am receiving the following errors:

The context allocation routine failed when it tried to load localization
files!!
One or more following problems may caused the failure

Your sybase home directory is /link/sybase. Check the environment variable
SYBASE if it is not the one you want!
Using default locale name: "default"
Sybase::CTlib initialize: cs_ctx_alloc() failed at
/link/apps/perl5/lib/site_perl/Sybase/CTlib.pm line 858.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./eos.pl line 33.

Following is a portion of the script:

#!/link/apps/perl5/bin/sybperl
#
#Date created:  01-27-00 JLB
#Last modified:

$ENV{SYBASE} = "/link/sybase";
use Sybase::CTlib;

#error handling (stolen from those who came before)
ct_callback(CS_CLIENTMSG_CB, \&msg_cb);
ct_callback(CS_SERVERMSG_CB, "srv_cb");

#login variables
$uid = "sa";
$passwd=" ";
$server = "gowron";

#Connect to sybase server and store connection info in $X
$X = Sybase::CTlib->ct_connect($uid, $server, $passwd);

#Execute SQL statement to use the admin database
$X->ct_sql("use admin");

Sybase version 11.03 resides in /link/sybase.

Jamie Belanger
Sys Admin, Global Crossing
(319) 298-1489 or ext. 489