From: "Robert (A) Cole" <robert dot cole at lcra dot org>
Subject: RE: Perl thru crontab
Date: Feb 1 2000 10:49PM

This works really well although programming your first graph might be a little tedious http://www.unimelb.edu.au/fly/

You can also try this, although I haven't used it and it costs $: http://www.soft-tek.com/

>>> "Manjeet Kalsi"  02/01 11:20 AM >>>

Thanks for all your inputs. It worked.

One more Question. Is there a way to plot a graph using Sybperl, e.g. to show
the rate of growth of database, etc.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Manjeet

"Bulah, Fred"
Tuesday February 1, 2000 10:38 AM

Please respond to SYBPERL-L@list.cren.net
To:   SybPerl Discussion List
cc:    (bcc: Manjeet Kalsi/O&S/Prudential)

You don't have to set up a separate shell script to get environment
variables set, but you do have to run in a sub-shell with them set.
Here's a sample line from one of my cron jobs:

0       7       *       *       1-5     /bin/ksh "(.
/home/fbulah/.profile.prod ; cd ./prod/bin ;
/home/fbulah/prod/bin/spa_get_symbols.pl -elocalprod
>>/home/fbulah/prod/logs/spa_get_symbols.log 2>&1)"

You set up a .profile with the necessary environment variables, aliases,
etc.  You kick off the perl script from a shell that executes the profile
prior to running your script.

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
recipient. CREDIT SUISSE GROUP and each of its subsidiaries each reserve
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state
them to be the views of any such entity.