From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: DBD::Sybase 0.90
Date: Nov 6 2000 7:34PM

The uploaded file

    DBD-Sybase-0.90.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/M/ME/MEWP/DBD-Sybase-0.90.tar.gz
  size: 58363 bytes
   md5: b06e4d29a5348c7ed86526614fbf5c85

Why the version number change (the previous version was 0.23) ?

I now feel that DBD::Sybase is becoming solid, so this is a Beta
release, with the intention of releasing 1.00 sometime this
winter. I've gone through and checked lots of details, such as nested
transaction handling in AutoCommit off mode, type_info() data and
various other problems that people have reported, and I think the
behavior is now more consistent.

Here's the CHANGES record for this release:

Release 0.90

        Release number sequence change: I'm dropping the "alpha" qualifier
        and I expect to release 1.00 fairly soon.

	Small Makefile.PL fix for Sybase 12.0 installation directory
	changes.
	Applied patch from Tim Ayers to allow 0x type formatting for
	binary data fetches (similar to what Sybase::CTlib and
	Sybase::DBlib allow).
	Fixed some t/ scripts to not fail when run against MS-SQL.
	Corrected the handling of timeout events in the client
	callback.

	Bug Fixes:

	349: CS_NUMERIC bindings for ?-style placeholders fails for large
             values.
       	345: Dynamic statement ids get re-used.
	351: prepared statements with placeholders cause handle to become
	     unusable if *first* execute fails.
	352: ping() doesn't work right in Apache::DBI (thanks to
	     Kiriakos Georgiou)
	353: syb_quoted_identifier doesn't work.
	354: Calling fetch() after prepare() but no execute() fails with
	     internal DBI error. This should also fix bug # 278 and 288.
	297: type_info() returns incorrect or no data.
	344: timeout doesn't work correctly.

Michael Peppler - Data Migrations Inc. - mpeppler@peppler.org
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler - mpeppler@mbay.net - AIM MPpplr