From: jim_swanski at harvardpilgrim dot org
Subject: Using SYBPERL to query SQLServer
Date: Nov 3 2000 6:47PM

I thank you in advance for any advice on this subject. We use Sybase for most of
our processing but the powers that be are forcing us to run an application on
Unix which calls SQL Server on a seperate NT machine. We have been able to open
connections and run select queries on SQLServer using the Sybase::DBlib.
Questions:
1. Is this supposed to work, or is it some accidental by-product of
Sybase:DBlib?
2. If it does truly work, are there any limitations?
3. How version dependant would this be (i.e. we're lucky it works with SQL
Server 7.0, but it won't work with the next upgrade.
4. What package should we be using to make calls to SQL server, and what drivers
would we have to install with that?

Thanks,
Jim Swanski
Harvard-Pilgrim Healthcare