From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Sybperl & PerlModule's
Date: Oct 31 2000 10:01PM

Paul Cammidge writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I hope someone can tell me that I am doing something stupid here...  I
 > have been using Sybperl for some time, and it works great.  It is working
 > from perl scripts, cgi scripts, cgi scripts with mod_perl, etc.
 >
 > But now I tried to add it to a 'PerlModule', and apache wont even start.
 > No error messages - it actually thinks that it starts successfully, but it
 > doesnt.  The moment I add the 'use Sybase::DBlib' (or ctlib) to anything
 > defined as a PerlModule, httpd wont start.
 >
 > I have the latest SybPerl version.  Anyone seen this, or got any ideas?
 >
 > Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It's likely to be an environement variable problem. If you're on linux
you should also check the Sybase on linux faq
(http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler).

Make sure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH and the SYBASE environment variables
are set correctly *when* the PerlModule request executes.

Michael Peppler - Data Migrations Inc. - mpeppler@peppler.org
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler - AIM MPpplr