From: Jamie Belanger <jamie_belanger at globalcrossing dot com>
Subject: RE: compiler/make issues (fancy that)
Date: Oct 16 2000 6:00PM

I attempted to re-compile perl using the switch to change my compiler and
received the following errors:

******

Use which C compiler? [gcc]

Checking for GNU cc in disguise and/or its version number...
as: "/var/tmp/ccyCCdRb.s", line 27: error 1052: Directive name not
recognized -
NSUBSPA

*** WHOA THERE!!! ***
    Your C compiler "gcc" doesn't seem to be working!
    You'd better start hunting for one and let me know about it.

******

At this point I'm rather stumped. Is Configure looking in /var/tmp for
something associated with the compiler?

Jamie Belanger
Unix Administrator
Global Crossing