From: Jamie Belanger <jamie_belanger at globalcrossing dot com>
Subject: RE: compiler/make issues (fancy that)
Date: Oct 13 2000 1:45PM

I'm not sure which compiler was used for my perl5 (5.6.0) installation,
because I downloaded a precompiled binary from http://hpux.cae.wisc.edu/,
the Software Porting and Archive Center for HP-UX in Wisconson. I downloaded
the precompiled binary because I was having problems compiling perl on this
same system (the same type of problems, it kept trying to go to the HP-UX
kernel compiler rather than the gcc compiler I had set up).

Should I attempt to compile perl again, this time altering Config.pm to
point to the correct compiler? I wasn't sure where this change was supposed
to be made previously.

Probably shot myself in the foot!

Jamie Belanger
System Administrator