From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Say, why is SYBASE being set in CTlib.pm ?
Date: Jan 31 2000 9:39PM

Robert Bresner writes:

 > BEGIN {
 > $ENV{SYBASE} = "p:/modules/support/sybase";
 > }
 >

 > This code is in my CTLib.pm file.
 > Of course, I do not have a p:/modules/support/sybase,
 > so I'm curious as to why that code exists?

This is an error in the 2.11 distribution. The idea is that *if* the
person building sybperl wants this we can hardcode the location of the
SYbase directory (interfaces file, etc) during the build so that CGI
scripts and other stuff works without having to worry about this
issue.

This ended up being turned ON by default, instead of being an option
that you can select when you build.