From: "Michael A dot Grady" <m-grady at uiuc dot edu>
Subject: sybperl 2.11 versus DBD::Sybase ?
Date: Jan 31 2000 9:35PM

I'm just about to start doing some Perl programming to access data fron
a Sybase 11 server. What are the relative merits of using sybperl versus
the new(er) DBD::Sybase interface? I note that the DBD::Sybase software
is listed as 'alpha' software, so have folks seen many problems with it?

(I have the Open Client 11.1.1 libraries installed on my machine, and I
have not done any programming with Sybase before, so I don't start with
any given knowledge-base that would give an edge to either of the above
interfaces. So I'm looking for what's considered 'best practices' with
Perl and Sybase today.)

--
Michael A. Grady                            m-grady@uiuc.edu
Senior Research Programmer                  http://ljordal.cso.uiuc.edu