From: "Robert Bresner" <rbresner at olf dot com>
Subject: Say, why is SYBASE being set in CTlib.pm ?
Date: Jan 31 2000 9:08PM

BEGIN {
$ENV{SYBASE} = "p:/modules/support/sybase";
}

This code is in my CTLib.pm file.
Of course, I do not have a p:/modules/support/sybase,
so I'm curious as to why that code exists?

I installed Sybperl using the Active State PPM.
my SYBASE env var is:
	w:/sybase11

I figgered there should be this
would be closer to the truth:
BEGIN {
	$ENV{SYBASE} = "p:/modules/support/sybase"
		unless $ENV{SYBASE};
}

so I modified it, but, uh, is that right?
This is mostly a curiousity thing, since these
days I use DBD::Sybase, but some old Sybperl
scripts are hanging around on a new web server
with a new ASPerl installation with a new Sybperl
installation, and no one wants to rewrite the scripts
to use DBD::Sybase, cause we're all lazy punks around
here.

Anyway, is it just me ?

Robert Bresner          rbresner@olf.com
Open Link Financial    516-227-6600 x216
http://www.olf.com/    fax: 516-227-1799
Opinions expressed are explicitly my own
Hello. My name is Albert, and I have got
schizophrenia. --Taoist meditation chant