From: "Matthew Dickerson" <mdickerson at btm dot co dot uk>
Subject: Re: Sybperl install problem
Date: Jan 21 2000 5:54PM

Hi

I am using the Solaris 2.7 on an Ultra 5. ( I am using the verison of make that came with 2.7 ) Sybase 11.1.1 is installed.

The version of Perl is 5.005_03 - I used the pre compiled code off the sunfreeware site.

Is it likely that my sybase installation is causing this or does this only take effect after the 'make test' phase?

My LD_LIBRARY_PATH is unset. Might this be causing the problem ?

Thanks - Matthew

Matthew Dickerson writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I am getting the following error when installing SybPerl. I have run through the basic installation README, but can't seem to locate my problem. I have also tried to ensure that my PATH is complete and that I do not have directory permission problems.
 >

 > # make
 > make: Warning: Can't find `make.rules': No such file or directory

Hmmm....

What platform are you on?