From: "Matthew Dickerson" <mdickerson at btm dot co dot uk>
Subject: Sybperl install problem
Date: Jan 21 2000 5:13PM

Hi,

I am getting the following error when installing SybPerl. I have run through the basic installation README, but can't seem to locate my problem. I have also tried to ensure that my PATH is complete and that I do not have directory permission problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Matthew.

# perl Makefile.PL
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Sybase::BCP
Writing Makefile for Sybase::CTlib
Writing Makefile for Sybase::DBlib
Writing Makefile for Sybase::Sybperl
Writing Makefile for Sybase
# make
make: Warning: Can't find `make.rules': No such file or directory
mkdir blib
mkdir blib/lib
mkdir blib/arch
mkdir blib/arch/auto
mkdir blib/arch/auto/Sybase
mkdir blib/lib/auto
mkdir blib/lib/auto/Sybase
cp config.pl blib/lib/config.pl
cp lib/sql.pl blib/lib/sql.pl
cp lib/sybperl.pl blib/lib/sybperl.pl
cp lib/sybutil.pl blib/lib/sybutil.pl
cp lib/ctutil.pl blib/lib/ctutil.pl
sh: all: not found
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `subdirs'

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please contact the
sender and delete the material from any computer...