From: "Robert Banniza" <hunt127588 at home dot com>
Subject: Question about Syberp and temp files...
Date: Jan 11 2000 6:03AM

Guys,
	I have run into a new aspect of sybperl and was wondering if you could
help. Our unix admin. noticed today that there have been many tmp files
created in /tmp. This also happens to be the time when I was running a
simple Sybperl program to perform a simple select sql and write the data out
in a pipe delimited format. The file created was no larger than 200 mb but
as a result, there are MANY tmp files. I realize that PERL is supposed to
take care of garbage collection when the program exits but why the tmp
files. The box I'm running on has 1.2 gig of RAM (Sun E450) and is running
Solaris 2.6. Any help  would be appreciated on this matter and we are very
confused. You can e-mail me also e-mail me at robert_banniza@focusppo.com.

Thanks,
Robert