From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: dbprocess management
Date: Jan 10 2000 5:03PM

Stephane_Pelchat@WellspringRes.com writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > The application I'm maintaining is using DB-lib for its database access.
 > The issue we encounter is a DBPROCESS limit number error.
 >
 > Looking at the DB-library C documentation there is a few routines to set and
 > get the maximum number of dbprocess (i.e dbsetmaxprocs ...) but I didn't
 > find these in the Perl documentation.

dbsetmaxprocs() isn't implemented. The default limit is 25 (which
should normally be quite enough for a single process).

You can change this by adding a line like this:

dbsetmaxprox(30); // or whatever number you need...

in the initialize() function in SYbase/DBlib.xs and then rebuilding
sybperl.

Alternatively, find the definition for dbsettime() in DBlib.xs, and
make a copy renaming it dbsetmaxprocs, like so:

int
dbsettime(seconds)
	int	seconds

int
dbsetmaxprocs(procs)
	int	procs

rebuild sybperl, and now you should be able to say:

Sybase::DBlib::dbsetmaxprocs(30);

from your perl scripts.