From: "Robert Banniza" <hunt127588 at home dot com>
Subject: RE:
Date: Jan 9 2000 10:51PM

Don't quote me on this but I think if you look in the FAQ or README section
of sybperl, it states that you need a gcc compiler to make use of all of the
flags. It has been quite a while since I have seen this. Sorry I can't help
you more. Go to Peppler's sybperl site and look around...
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler/

Robert

>From the FAQ that I found:

How to get Dynamic Linking under HP-UX?
The bundled C compiler that comes with HP-UX apparently can't produce
position independant code, which is needed to build a dynamically loadable
library under HP-UX. The solution there is to use the add-on ANSI-C compiler
or GCC.

In addition, you can't build a dynamically loadable module of DBlibrary v.
4.x, because it is a statically linked library, and was not compiled using
the position independent code flag.

So the end result is: to get a dynamically loadable version you need the
Sybase System 10 OpenClient libraries, and a C compiler that is capable of
producing position independent code.