From: Pradeep Bhaskaran <bpradeep at rocketmail dot com>
Subject: Help! SybPerl script doesn't run as CGI
Date: Sep 30 1999 10:05PM

Hi All,

I had recently successfull built and installed a
dynamically linked version of Perl,Sybperl on HP-UX.

We have Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0 & HP-UX 10.20
A. I am trying to access a SYBASE database on another
HP system through perl. When I run the following
script at the unix prompt it works fine but when I try
to access it from the browser it doesn't work. I
checked the servers error log and it says:

*******
failure: trying to GET /cgi-bin/simquery.cgi,
cgi-parse-output reports: the CGI prog
ram /pfact/ns-public/cgi-bin/sysquery.cgi did not
produce a valid header (name without value: got line "
could not open interface file.")
*******

The permisssions for the interfaces file is ok. I
checked the SYBASE envoironment variable and it is set
correctly. LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable is not set on my
system but the path specified during compilation is
still correct. I tried setting it in a wrapper shell
script and executing the perl script it still didn't
work. I even tried setting it in the script itself. I
am able to run other perl script forms which do not
have Sybperl modules as cgi.

I'm not sure whether I have the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
problem. If possible for Netscape Enterprise Server
how do I set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH at the http server
configuration level?

Heres the script --
#!/pfact/ns-public/docs/associates/pradeep/perl5/bin/perl
-w
use strict;

#print $ENV{LD_LIBRARY_PATH};

BEGIN {
              $ENV{LD_LIBRARY_PATH} =
'/opt/sybase/XI/lib';
                      }
use Sybase::DBlib;

#print $ENV{LD_LIBRARY_PATH};

my $dbh = new Sybase::DBlib
'dddd','dddd','NSYT500DEV';
my $data = $dbh->sql("select suid, uid, gid, name from
sysusers", undef, TRUE);

print "Content-type:text/html\n\n";
print "Test Page";
print "";