From: Konrad Zak <konrad at uni dot wroc dot pl>
Subject: where does it come from? help please.
Date: Sep 27 1999 4:13PM

Hello.
    I'm a little new to perl and sybperl and I think it's why I'm in
trouble.
I'm trying to provide simple login procedure. Problem is, that PASSWORD,
read
from table USERS in the way shown below (in order to compare with typed
one),
has some additional char. Printed, it looks like that: 'my_pass ', real
password doesn't have anything like that.                      ^
                                                            here is
problem

I've tried to remove it with chop() function, it doesn't work, do anyone
know
what's wrong, please?

[...]

use Sybase::CTlib;
$d = new Sybase::CTlib okis_www_guest,my_passwd;

$SQL_query = "select PASSWORD from USERS where LOGIN =
\"$frmFlds{'login'}\"";
$ref = $d->ct_sql($SQL_query);

if (@$ref->[0][0] eq $frmFlds{'password'})
{

[...]

  Konrad Zak
  The Interfaculty Lab of Computer Networks and Software
  University of Wroclaw, Wroclaw, POLAND
  +48 71 3201416