From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: RE: Linux interfacing MSSQL7
Date: Sep 23 1999 3:39PM

Wechsler, Steven M writes:
 > Just curious, Michael; I noticed in the release notes that you had made
 > changes to Sybase::DBlib to allow it to work with an unmodified (i.e. with
 > out the hot fix that Micro$oft released) SQL Server 7.0.  What did you
 > change?  Since MS released the fix, I had assumed that the problem was
 > theirs.

Cool! Someone actually reads the release notes :-)

For DBlibrary I call dbsetversion(DBVERSION_100) if I think that the
library version is > 10.x
Commenting out that call makes Sybase DBlibrary compatible with the
unpatched version of MS-SQL 7.
Unfortunately you can't do the same thing for CLient Library, so
Sybase::CTlib and DBD::Sybase still require the patched version of
MS-SQL 7 to work.

Michael